Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy 4th!!

So I have a lot of pics to share- hope you're ready!!!!!

The 4th of July began at the park in Anoka with my family


We were there to see the North Suburban Community Band in the bandshell


My Aunt Joni and cousin Caleb had fun on the swings!


And my Aunt Joni also made some AMAZING (and festive) foods. As you can see, she made red velvet cake but there was a layer of blue cake, white frosting, then red cake. It was frosted in white then the outside was decorated like an American Flag. To go with it, she made these Uncle Sam ice cream cones which were prettymuch the cutest thing ever!!






Then, I went to my friend Josh's sister Amy's house for some more fun! (Josh is visiting from Cali so its always good to see him, plus his sister is awesome so it was fun to hang out with her too!) Here is Josh and April in the pool house...


For this party, I made chocolate covered strawberries, but I used white chocolate and blue sprinkles to make the all 4th of July-ish!


And this is me and April out by the pool, catching some rays :)


All in all it was a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. LOVIN' the strawberries - like you say - great minds think alike!
    Actually Joni suggested these to me - she must have seen you make them some year before:)
    So tell me - what's the trick so they don't stick to the plate????
    :)

    ReplyDelete